Saturday, October 9, 2010

The POD : sketches, scribbles and some more ideas - ADESPRN

I have my ideas and thoughts on the general concept of making the pod, however having those ideas and putting them to drawing and sketches are two different things. We still have  to know and anticipate the applicability of the design and the factors we need to look into. Its getting much complicated if I think about it now already. So for now, let just see the flow of ideas and what I think can be a design and structure for what the pod can be.

I scribbled, drew lines and sketched so that the I can have a view of what my ideas are at the moment.

At first I made the 2 x 2 x 2.5 (w x d x h) measurement. Not the actual, just a representation.
Somehow if you look at the shape of the space, its a cube technically speaking. Now I tried to customize the inside of that space to be a pod with the things needed. My idea is that of a room where there is a desk, a bed and place to put things and watch some TV I guess? Unfortunately, there is a lack of space which will sacrifice comfort for the user. I then thought of the things I saw earlier which made use of furniture and objects that can be of dual purpose. If you can see or understand my messy sketch, I put a desk which transforms into a bed depending on the the current action of the user inside. As an alternative, there is also a couch which can be a double deck bed, if in case there's a need for two. I also included a TV which is flat screen so that space is not consumed. Anyway, those are just raw ideas for now.

Moving on, I found the cube spaced pod to be quite bit boring to look at and inspired by the futuristic looking pods which I put in my earlier blog, I made an idea and figure of a circular looking pod. The main concept of the pod is that it is circular in shape but can be detached or opened at specific parts. The hatch can be opened to become a chair or couch like form. Inside the pod is a bed-like surface where the user will put their head. Left and right can be of speakers or table to eat or work on. The top part of the pod can have a screen for viewing or the likes. Another idea is that there is a pod shaped as that of a dome where the inside's floor is made of comfortable pads and pillows, the sides have retractable desk for the user's works.

As I have said earlier, these are still raw and incomplete for now. I'm hoping to find and come across inspirations and designs in the next few days so I can come up with better ideas and sketches for the pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment