Saturday, October 9, 2010

The POD : a start, what ideas came to mind - ADESPRN

A pod, when I heard of this I immediately thought of a small living quarter that can be portable and easy to use for a particular person. Can be an apartment or a room with a convenient set of accessible, easy to use and safe efficient things.

nah, I'm just kidding. Though that maybe a good definition in a class discussion. haha

You know, I cannot really confine myself to that thought. A lot of ideas was circling my head while I was thinking of the term pod and doing this blog entry. As funny as it sounds, the wacky ideas might be of good use. Somehow I found a way to connect those ideas to form my model and own ideas.



Lets start of from the  I POD -- How can you not think of IPODs when you hear the word "pod". Aside from the name itself.. Yeah, it seems everywhere i go everybody has it so I think that the reason why I thought of it. Anyway, I think the main concept of the iPOD is that its a pod that stores your favorite and own music. And from that music, a person's personality is defined and recognized. So I took note of that for my idea on the pod. Something portable, customizable and simply shelters "you".



If you recognize the picture, then I give you a big yes! That is METAPOD! haha. I simply thought of Metapod because, again, of the "pod" in its name. However, I gave a deeper analysis on this. And to my surprise, I remembered that Metapod evolves to Butterfree. haha. How is that even related? Well let me leave Metapod and Butterfree there for now, lets focus on the real thing they are based from. I guess you have an idea naman what they are. When a caterpillar changes form to a butterfly, they form a "pod" like structure on which they grow to. In relation to the pod I'm trying to design, I can take note of the idea that "pods" are supposed to be a place where we are comfortable to grow with or to grow into.


And of course, I did think of the peas in the pod. The picture gives you already of the idea I have for it. Peas, people, happy, inside a pod. Now it brought me to think of the idea about circular pods.


If you watched Dragonball Z, then youll probably recognize this. It is the Saiyan Pod on which the Saiyan's mount so they can travel from their planet to other planets. They remain sleeping inside the comfort of this pod until they land on their destination. Neat! haha. But enough of the background. What I am really trying to say is that this pod attracts me. The idea it brings, its modern and it lingers to me. I guess this is what i thought a pod might look like. So I took note of the design and maybe i can apply it on my own.

I can only laugh and enjoy when I try to analyze how I came to these ideas. We sure have a lot of things we can think about now. haha.

I had fun thinking and linking these ideas to the topic about the pod I'm making. I hope I can have the same attitude towards making the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment