Friday, October 1, 2010

Three Architects - ADESPRN

Given the task of choosing and researching about three architectures that I can emulate, at first I was at a loss. Why? It is because there were a lot of famous architectures that I have already heard of and choosing among them is quite a challenge. However, I made a little more reading and tried to find out which architecture would attract me the most in terms of his method, style and personality.




  • First of the three architects that I found to be appealing is Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. He is a German-American architect who was said to be one of the pioneering masters of modern architecture. I particularly admire him because of the simplicity of his works which I believe brings out the real essence of the work. I like to see the space and somewhat there is freedom to it whenever look at his works. His saying that “less is more” gave a long lasting expression to me. Its meaning had a lingering effect on me which is quite fascinating.



  • The next architect among the three I chose is a French architect named Jean Nouvel. This architect did a lot of notable projects already and is very talented. I particularly like his approach in the field of architecture. He always employs the attitude of having a pursuit for new ideas and to make an effort to stretch the boundaries of architecture. As for the style he uses in his work, I also like how he uses the lights and shadows to bring out the essence in his work. The color and transparency as part of the importance in the design he makes impresses me.



  • And last of the three is an Austrian architect named Adolf Loos. Although if you take a look in the life this architect had, you will find it quite unruly, I still took a liking to the way he did his work and especially the ideas he had and left behind. Adolf was an architect who became more famous for his ideas than his actual work or buildings. He believes  that reason should determine the way we build and he opposed the decorative art in the building. In short, he also had the idea to express simplicity.






    Overall, I think as an architect these people took my attention because of two things, I liked their ideas and the simplicity they have in order to bring out the reality of their works. And in years to come, I would like to follow this people. I can make a mark for my self upon doing my job in this field, to be simple yet fascinating and attractive at the same time. That would be quite something.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment